The Re:dish Community Champions can support individuals to make changes and achieve goals in areas including: Self Confidence; Communication; Literacy; Employability; Health and Personal Finance.
We currently have twelve fully trained Community Champions
Examples of current/upcoming Community Champion activities:
- Open sessions in Reddish Library for residents who need help to use computers on a Wednesday evening;
- Support for people completing Personal Independence Payment and Employment Support Allowance forms;
- Personal mentoring;
- Basic literacy & numeracy tuition;
- Budgeting skills;
- Running football tournaments for young people in Reddish (whilst also asking for donations to the Food Bank);
- Running a Knit & Knatter Group at Marbury House for residents;
- Reading groups;
- Cooking skills;
- Employability skills (including CV support & help completing application forms).
Getting Support from a community Champion
If you feel like you would benefit from the support of a Community Champion please enter your details on our referral form.
We have been engaging with local partners in establishing links so that they understand the support that we can offer. If you are a local organisation who would like to refer people to the Re:dish Community Champions project, please enter your details on our referral form.
If you would like to volunteer with Community Champions, please use this link to volunteer
The overall vision for the Community Champions is that they will be based in the Re:dish Hub. This will allow them to meet residents in a safe space and provide one to one support as well as running larger workshops and groups.